- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS)
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist (ASHP)
- American Pharmacists Association (AphA)
- California Pharmacists Association (CPhA)
Is Pharmacy School For Me?
What do Pharmacists do?
- Pharmacists are licensed doctoral health professionals who provide information about medication to consumers and professionals.
- As “Medication Experts,” pharmacists are concerned with safeguarding the public’s health in matters relating to medication distribution and use and disease state management.
- There are some PharmD programs that focus on Veterinary Pharmacy
- 100+ Careers in Pharmacy
Top 6 Tips for a Career in Pharmacy
- Major in the field which interests you the most, while showing good academic ability in science.
- Explore the field of pharmacy so you have an understanding about what a pharmacist does and the future of the pharmacy profession.
- Pursue extra-curricular activities which interest you.
- Keep your grades as high as possible.
- Develop your ability to read, write and think. Only part of pharmacy is science.
- Lastly, be sure to talk to as many people as possible about the pharmacy profession (pharmacists, pharmacy students, and pharmacy school representatives) and keep current on pharmacy issues from researching the pharmacy profession.